Friday, February 15, 2008

Sunny Raindrops




Hello everyone,

Here is the better file for the image

title: Sunny Raindrops
Size: 2 feet by 3 feet
price: not yet set
medium: acrylic on board

------

About this piece,

I was really scared to get back into painting with acrylics and painting big. Well, after talking to my class in Otis, i felt like I needed to get back. First off, working on better ground, this board took up a lot of beating and will need a lot of work. Second, Illustration board is pure crap. Its already started to warp so Ill need to get it to a frame shop and glue it to wood.

Getting it shot (Scanned) was another issue. Artworks charged me 30$ for the digital file. I'm not sure if that's worth it. Good shot but a bit expensive. If I plan on doing any more of these, Ill have to befriend a photographer.

About this piece. Its really just a culmination of everything I learned through this 1000 drawing project. This drawing came by pretty quick, about 7 hours. I'm teaching a class where we do a series of drawings and I think this set as a good example to the students.

Price-wise, I'm not too sure. anything above $100 seems like a lot, so I'll have to talk to my dealer about setting a price. For now, I just wanted to share this drawing with you guys

Daniel

No comments: