Saturday, February 16, 2008

New updates for 2008

title: 0056 Secret Friend
size: 11x14
medium: colorpencil, acrylic, pastel
price: $100
date: 02-19-08






This is a mash up from an old drawing I did for "Elf" I think I'm going to try to bring back some old imagery...



I was really hesitant to post this drawing up but I should anyways. I've been telling my students not to worry about each drawing and just drawing...to not get pigeon holed into being "that artist that does".....Well, I dont want to be known as an artist that does only pretty art. The reason why I started this project was to be free from art direction...well, I guess in the process, i was art directing myself into a certain look. In the end, I think this drawing is a turning point, a transitional piece.... I'm no audrey kawasaki and seeing her work today made me realize how messy my work is. Well, this drawing proves my point even more. Audrey's canvas paintings are a nice turn from the wooden surface ... you should check it out, her work is solid.

anyways, before I loose my audience,

Here is 0055 Feels Strange. This week was a real struggle for me, I had to fight through this piece. Tell me I'm lazy, tell me I'm loosing it....but don't tell me this is bad art. This is one of my favorite drawings from the series....just cause there was a lot more conversation between the artist and the medium.

title: 0055 Feels Strange
size: 11x14
medium: colorpencil, acrylic
price: $100
date: 02-15-08




title: 0054 Wake
size: 11x14
medium: colorpencil, acrylic, pastel
price: $100
date: 01-24-08




title: 0053 Sonmi
size: 11x14
medium: colorpencil, acrylic, pastel, gouache
price: $100
date: 01-22-08



title: 0052 Eve
size: 11x14
medium: colorpencil, acrylic, pastel
price: $100
date: 01-18-08



title: 0051 Little Nemo
size: 11x14
medium: colorpencil, acrylic, pastel
price: sold
date: 01-03-08

1 comment:

nate said...

I like all these, man. Really cool work. Great meeting you today. Good luck to you and your class. :)