Thursday, May 08, 2008

Updates on 2008 Drawings

I'm currently working on a series entitled "I Am", a visual essay on the Holy Spirit

I've always wondered how to capture the Holy Spirit, being a spirit and all, you can't really see Him. I always feel Him though. I guess this is my visual interpretation

If you would like to be signed up for the newsletter, please email me at

fawnfruits@gmail.com

for more updates, please visit my website at

http://www.fawnfruits.com/gallery2008


Title: I Am Comfort
Size: 15" by 20"
Medium: Colorpencil, Pastel and Acrylic
Price: $350


Title: I Am Peace
Size: 15" by 20"
Medium: Colorpencil, Pastel and Acrylic
Price: $350


Title: I Am Here
Size: 15" by 20"
Medium: Colorpencil, Pastel and Acrylic
Price: $350


Title: I Am Care
Size: 15" by 20"
Medium: Colorpencil, Pastel and Acrylic
Price: $350

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm playing devil's advocate here I guess, but don't these images perpetuate the conventional association between "goodness" and "prettiness"? If these images are representative of all that is *good* (holy) in the world, what's an ugly person to do? This selective representation of "goodness" seems so alienating. It's extreme physiognomy... the images are beautiful, but to the point where it seems insincere. There's no contrast... the characters seem emotionally one-dimensional. They lack well-defined facial features, as if they are terminally passive, submissive, helpless, "innocent"...

It seems to me that the human being is not helpless, nor is it innocent. Girls need noses. Also, they have breasts. Omitting the breasts does not make your work any holier. You are constructing an ideal conception of "beauty", breasts or not...and covering the chest area with foliage does little to de-sexualise your depictions of what are arguably "perfect" women.